Virtual Radar Rebroadcast
Virtual Radar Server Rebroadcast is very simple method that requires few steps [clicks].
THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT IS TO SHOW HOW TO START BROADCASTING DATA TO RAWFLIGHT
STEP 1 – before you start Feeding
Before you start Feeding, you need to make sure, that:
- Your Internet connection is stable and there are no packet losses that may corrupt data
- Your router does not block outcoming connections on port 48581.
- You do have admin access to Virtual Radar Server
STEP 2 – what if…?
If you encounter any problems, with Step 1, do not hesitate to contact us. We will try to resolve your issues with feeding RawFlight.
1. We are unable to resolve issues with your Internet. You may need to contact your service provider.
2. Check which ports are allowed. If you do not need to open new port on your Router, please write us an e-mail or on FB and provide output port number. We will create special instance for you that will redirect data to correct port.
3. If you have Virtual Radar Server, it is very possible, that there is Dump1090 (or its fork) running. In this case, we suggest you to use our script method.
STEP 3 – Select Feeders and rebroadcast
FOR TRAINING PURPOSES WE USED VIRTUAL RADAR SERVER 64-BIT FOR WINDOWS. IF YOU ARE USING VIRTUAL RADAR SERVER ON LINUX, GUI IS QUITE DIFFERENT, BUT OPTIONS ARE THE SAME.
- Enter Virtual Radar Control Panel.
Select Tools > Options. You should see a panel like on the screenshot below. Make sure, that under tab Receivers there is your Receiver.
Select option Rebroadcast Server and click + as on the screenshot below:
- CONFIGURE REBROADCAST
Graphical description is placed below this step
> Name your Rebroadcast (for example: RawFlight Feeder)
> Select your Receiver from the list. If you have merge of few Receiver, take a look at “Merged Receiver Feed” Manual
> Select Format: BaseStation
> Tick Push Feed (this is VERY, VERY IMPORTANT!)
> In the address textbox, please enter rawflight.eu. If you’ll see red explamation mark, ignore it.
> In port number textbox, enter 48581
> Click OK.
Copyright 2020 – RawFlight.eu
Further publication of this document is strictly forbidden.
This document has been created for RawFlight Feeders/user only.